When someone barfs or craps at the pool we frequent, everyone is moved to another pool, big chunks removed and the water hyper-chlorinated.
A swimming lesson was interrupted after a child vomited in the pool, causing concern for children and parents alike.
Youngsters aged six and seven were enjoying a swimming lesson in the training pool at the Dolphin Centre, in Darlington town centre, when the incident happened on Monday (December 14) evening.
Bosses at the Darlington Borough Council-run centre said ‘all necessary checks’ were carried out following the vomiting incident.
That is at odds with the account of one mother, who said the pool was not cleared after the child was sick and attendants used a net to fish bits of vomit out of the pool.
The mother-of-three, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “My daughter was having a swimming lesson and another little girl suddenly got out of the pool and we were all wondering what was wrong and if she was okay.
“After about five minutes, I saw the attendants fishing around the pool with a net and that’s when we found out the girl had been sick in water.
“I immediately wanted my daughter out of the pool and I realised there were two pieces of sick floating next to her.
“Nobody knew what was happening and I asked one of the lifeguards why they had not taken my kid out of the pool.”
A council spokeswoman said: “We follow comprehensive industry guidelines when dealing with any incident like this.