Latex glove found in Australian late-night stir fry

A Darwin, Australia couple was outraged this week to find a glove buried in a beef noodle dish they bought from a 24-hour take-away outlet.

Evelyn Nicholson and Rod Jockway told the NT News they made the discovery at Uncle Sam’s in Darwin.

"I thought it was a tough piece of meat," Mr Nicholson said.

"I pushed it to one side and said I’d tackle it later.

"It turned out to be a glove."

The couple reportedly complained to Northern Territory health authorities after confronting the manager, who denied ever serving them the beef meal.

NT News reporter Conor Byrne, who wrote the story, said the glove was an indication the restaurant had made attempts to be hygienic.