I started my Xmas shopping this morning. I got Amy a can opener, a corkscrew and some scissors. She was with me at Target when I bought them.
Having a two-week-old puts a different spin on things. Our neighbors invited us for a Christmas eve get-together, but Sorenne is sleeping, and that’s a good gift.
Maybe next year we’ll be surfing during the summer in Australia or New Zealand at Christmas. And if so, we’ll try not to swallow too much water.
Researchers at Oregon State University (OSU) and the Oregon Dept. of Environmental Quality have found that surfers unintentionally ingest 10 times more water than swimmers or divers, putting them at higher risk of contracting gastrointestinal (GI) illnesses when surfing in contaminated waters.
The study also suggests that because the water quality at Oregon beaches is significantly better than more popular surfing destinations, such as California, Hawaii, or Florida, the risk of GI illness is lower for people surfing the frigid waters of the Oregon coast.
How did stoner Jeff Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High grow up to be Harvey Milk?