Three children at the Rothschild Early Childhood Center in Syracuse have been diagnosed with Salmonella.
Alicia Gross, the center’s director, said the Onondaga County Health Department does not believe food served at the center was the source of the infection. She said it may have been spread person-to-person. The health department is still investigating.
The health department said it is monitoring the situation on a daily basis to make sure the infection does not spread further.
Twin Trees Too in Syracuse, New York has reopened after a thorough rub-down as the number of diners sick with norovirus climbed to 95.
The health department stressed that Twin Trees Too cooperated fully.
If you are one of the customers who became infected, Onondaga County Health Commissioner Dr. Cynthia Morrow says the virus is so contagious that the most important thing you can do is stay home. You don’t want to transmit the virus to anyone else. Symptoms of norovirus include nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.