A Reno cafe and grocery store that was tied to an E. coli outbreak is closing its doors.
Reno Provisions will operate for a final time Sunday with everything left marked down by 50 percent.
Chef and owner Mark Estee announced the closure on his Facebook page.
Health officials say a dessert manufactured and sold there was what caused customers at the Twisted Fork restaurant to become ill in October.
They say there were at least 21 confirmed or probable cases of E. coli.
A couple is currently suing Reno Provisions for $10,000 over the outbreak.
Estee tells the Reno Gazette-Journal that he plans to convert part of the property into a casual dining restaurant.
Estee says he was already losing money before the E. coli incidents.
A cook has been jailed for three months for risking the lives of five women who became sick with salmonella poisoning after serving them a bacteria-infected chocolate mousse at a dinner cruise.
The 42-year-old Indian cook, R.M., was said to have failed to store the chocolate mousse in an appropriately hygienic place before it got hit by the bacteria.
Then he endangered the lives of the five women, of different nationalities, who happened to be enjoying a group dinner on a floating restaurant at Dubai Marina when they consumed the contaminated sweet.
Dubai Municipality’s inspector testified to prosecutors that the chocolate mousse was unsuitable for human intake because it was infected with salmonella. The inspector mentioned in the report that the cook used unpasteurised eggs to make the chocolate mousse.