A 50-year-old woman and her daughter died and her son survived a suspected food poisoning allegedly after consuming food they bought from a nearby eatery in KR Garden in Jeevanahalli, Bengaluru north on Sunday night.
The deceased have been identified as Padmavathy, 50, a homemaker and her daughter Deepa, 22, a final year bachelor of arts students. The son of Padmavathy, son Satish, 27, working as a team manager with online e-commerce firm, Flipkart.
According to the police, the incident came to light during the early hours of Monday morning when a neighbour went to check on the family and found Deepa lying unconscious on her bed. He immediately informed the police who rushed to the spot and found Deepa dead.
Checking later it was found Padmavathy was admitted by Satish but was later declared dead while undergoing treatment in a hospital. Investigation into the tragedy revealed that the family had ordered Biriyani and noodles from a nearby eatery on Sunday night. The family dined together around 10 pm. While Padmavathy and Deepa ate noodles, Sathish ate Biriyani following which the trio complained of discomfort. Within no time, the three started vomiting. While Deepa went inside her room and slept after vomiting couple of times, Sathish rushed her mother to a nearby hospital owing to her deteriorating condition where later Padmavathy succumbed.