Why I avoid buffets: Failed Georgia restaurant score due to temps

Laura Berrios of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution writes that during a recent routine health inspection at an Indian restaurant in Duluth, several cold food items on a buffet, and meats and gravy inside a cooler, were thrown away because of unsafe temperatures.

Moksha Kitchen, 3294 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., DuluthGoat, lamb and onion gravy were in the top section of a prep cooler and were not being maintained within the appropriate temperature range, according to the Gwinnett County health inspector.

Also, yogurt, pudding, cut melons and tamarind sauce on a self-serve buffet were all thrown away because the ice that was supposed to keep the items cold had melted. The temperatures were also too high, the inspector said.

Moksha Kitchen, 3294 Peachtree Industrial Blvd., Duluth, scored 64/U on the routine inspection. The fast-casual restaurant had previous scores of 80/B and 77/C.