The KFC double down sandwich may be all the rage among dieters and gluttons, but one outlet in London should pay more attention to food safety practices.
As a reminder, a U.K. court fined Kentucky Fried Chicken almost STG19,000 on Monday after a cockroach was found eating a chip in one of its busiest branches in Britain.
The insect was seen on a food dispensing counter near takeaway boxes and tongs used to serve chicken by an environmental health officer in a restaurant in London’s West End.
City of Westminster Magistrates’ Court heard that during an inspection at the Leicester Square branch, the officer also saw a mouse, flies and dried chicken blood on the floor.
The Westminster City Council inspector also said there was no hand wash in dispensers in the food preparation area.