Sounds gross, hard to verify.
A Tesco shopper has claimed she became physically sick for several hours after she found a dead mouse in an Italian chicken tray bake.
Cath McCall Smith, from Durham, said she felt unwell after she bit into the £3.75 teatime treat and claimed she found the rodent’s body inside.
The 57-year-old at first thought she had gnawed a piece of bone – but soon learned it was, in fact, the corpse of a dead mouse.
Ms Smith told The Sun: “I thought I had hit a bit of bone. I moved the chicken around and was horrified when she looked down and found the mouse.
“I’ve been sick for 12 hours. I’m still a bit unwell.”
A spokesman for Tesco told the publication: “We take all customer complaints very seriously and are carrying out a full investigation into what happened here.”
Daily Star Online has approached Tesco for comment.